Sunday, October 17, 2010

Things moms could learn from Luis Urzua

I celebrated with the rest of the world when the Chilean miners were rescued this week. I was particularly inspired by Luis Urzua, the supervisor who gave the miners the hope and confidence that they would be rescued. They rationed a 2 day supply of tuna and milk by having a "meal" together every 48 hours. This meal consisted of a teaspoon of canned tuna and 1/2 cup of milk. Each miner had a job. They gathered equipment, dug for water, built a latrine area, and mapped the mine all without fistacuffs. And that was all before they were found.

I am clearly no Luis Urzua. If I was there would be no fights over the last cookie, the remote control, or doing chores at my house. Luis, you are my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment