Thursday, December 24, 2009

I received a very thoughtful Christmas gift- my own emails. At the risk of sounding very self-absorbed, I really enjoyed reading my emails. They were sent by a dear friend from college who is my champion and encourages me to write. She sent them to me for those times when I experience writer's block. One email was written 2 years ago, and in it, I complain about experiencing exhaustion/early Alzheimers/Christmas crazies. Obviously, not much has changed in two years. The emails were full of stories about my family. Sadly, some stories I did not remember [see the above comment about the Alzheimers]. In all seriousness, it made me realize what a gift I can give myself by writing about my family's day to day activities and blogging more often. So Merry Christmas to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment