Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas morning was supposed to be a Hallmark moment. My kids are with their dad and his family, so the hubby and I slept in this morning. My plan was to make a fabulous breakfast- waffles, eggs, bacon, and juice. Hubby would make the coffee, and we would cadoodle on the couch in our matching fluffy robes and slippers. We don't really have matching fluffy robes, but in my mind, that is what a Hallmark Christmas morning looks like. However, even without children, life happens. I descended the stairs to make breakfast, and I smelled it before I saw it- dog poop. Great! Only it was epic. Tango, my favorite member of the household had what appeared to be uncontrollable diarrhea and had run through the house. Hours later after scrubbing the rugs and wood floors, I sat down with the hubby and snuggled. I smelled like lysol and desparately needed a bath. He put his arms around me and I said, "Not the Christmas morning I planned." His response, "It never is." And then I leaned into him and rested. So even when things don't go as planned this season, try to find a moment of rest if your soul is weary. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment